We have a new version of DAP. You can download it from here.
Check out the change log, then upgrade DAP by following the instructions below.
=> Upgrading to the latest version of DAP.
I’ve heard your comments and suggestions.
And complaints too 🙂
So here’s what’s coming in 3.1 (on Monday?)…
* Send Bulk Email to “Unconfirmed” Users (WooHoo!)
* Send Bulk Email to Users with Access to NO PRODUCTS (WooHoo too!)
* On Users/Manage – added an “Export Users” to .csv option – can be imported into Excel
* On the “Job Queue” page, you can now delete 3 different types of scheduled jobs…
– Delete ALL Scheduled Jobs
– Delete Jobs in Error (from before)
– Delete All Successful Jobs (till yesterday)
* New email validation feature for emails entered via the direct-signup form.
* Auto-generated Passwords will no longer use confusing text like “0” (zero) and “O” (Oh!).
* Ability to customize “canned” messages – like “Oops, you do not have access to this content…” and change it to something more, er, uh, boring? 😉
* 1ShoppingCart API Notification (yup, I left it in there)
* Self-service Store: Ability to manually add credits to user.
* On the Affiliate Reports page, you can now see which user was referred by the Affiliate, when you run the “View Earnings Details” report.
* Bug fix: Slashes stripped from Product name field
There are more changes, but when my HDD crashed last month, I totally lost the notes, but luckily had saved the code changes. So it’s possible that the new DAP might even make you coffee, but I won’t know until you let me know 😉
So keep those comments and suggestions (and complaints) coming. You know they’re not gonna be ignored (Scout’s honor).
– Ravi Jayagopal
You’re probably not aware (and neither was I until quite recently) that 1ShoppingCart has an API similar to Paypal’s “Instant Payment Notification” (IPN).
Of course, it is nowhere as sophisticated as IPN, but it gets the job done.
And I’ve just completed about 99.99% of the coding to integrate the 1SC API with DAP. Some more testing needs to be done.
This means that if you use 1ShoppingCart (or a private label like 1SiteAutomation.com) to process payments, then you no longer need to depend on DAP’s Email Parsing to process incoming new orders.
This will solve the problem of the occasionally greatly delayed email notification from 1ShoppingCart, because the 1SC API Notification will be in real time to DAP, just like Paypal notifies instantly of purchases through IPN.
Simply turn on the API in your 1ShoppingCart account (when it is ready, a video will show you how to do this) and the new XML-based script in DAP will take care of the rest.
And now that we have the API integrated, it also means that if someone purchases MULTIPLE membership products in one go, then DAP can now process multiple products in one purchase (transaction), a feature that wasn’t available before.
The API will also notify of recurring payments.
So, this makes way for lots of very cool features with DAP – especially when you throw in the “Self-Service Store“!
Stay tuned for more news about this soon.
After doing a whole lot of research, coding and live testing (with live purchases), I found out that their stupid API does not support Recurring Order Notifications.
Which means only the very first purchase will ping DAP. The recurring orders won’t.
So DAP will never know about the subscription payments, which means the extension of the subscription cannot be automated.
So, I’m dumping this effort for now.
Back to “Email Parsing” for 1SC. <Sigh!>