We’re thrilled to announce that DAP 4.4.3 / Livelinks 188.8.131.52 is now out of beta.
Which means it is a "Final Release", and may now be used on a live (production) web site.
The files are available for download from the member’s area.
You can either newly install DAP v4.4.3 afresh on a new site which never had DAP installed before… OR you can also upgrade to the newest version from ANY previous version of DAP (including from v4.4.x beta).
- If you had previously already upgraded to/installed 4.4.x beta, then you must upgrade to DAP v4.4.3 and LiveLinks v184.108.40.206.
- If you’re going to freshly install DAP or upgrade to it from ANY previous version, then please be aware of these items below before you upgrade.
IMPORTANT: ACTION REQUIRED BY ALL PAYPAL / DAP USERS
In a bulletin dated October 18, 2011, Paypal announced that they will discontinue support for the HTTP 1.0 protocol starting February 1, 2013 and this change could impact the ability of merchants to perform IPN validation.
We have identified that this Paypal change will impact DAP’s ability to perform IPN (Instant Payment Notification) post-back validation with Paypal.
So we have updated the DAP IPN post-back validation to use HTTP 1.1, and include the "Host: www.paypal.com" and "Connection: close" HTTP headers in the IPN post-back validation script as required by Paypal.
These changes to DAP scripts for Paypal compatibility are already included in DAP 4.4.3 / LL 220.127.116.11.
Your Action Required before February 1, 2013:
IMPORTANT: You have nothing to worry about – your Paypal Recurring Payments will NOT BE AFFECTED at all by Paypal’s changes. Your existing buy buttons will not be affected – those will continue working just fine. Paypal will still continue to charge your members as usual. Nothing changes as far as your actual subscription payments are concerned. It is just the ability of Paypal to notify DAP on your site properly and extend member access automatically, that is affected.
If Paypal doesn’t notify DAP correctly, then the access end dates of your members may not get extended automatically. So it is really more of an annoying maintenance issue, than anything else.
So if you don’t wish to renew, that’s totally fine – you don’t have to. You can just continue extending member access manually.
1) You may do a full upgrade to DAP 4.4.3 / LL 18.104.22.168. This way you will have all the necessary updates for new Paypal Communication.
2) If you do not wish to upgrade your site to 4.4.3 just yet, you can simply download DAP 4.4.3 / LL 22.214.171.124 to your desktop, extract the contents, and upload just the files /dap/dap-paypal.php and /dap/dap-thankyou.php to your site overwriting the current versions. You should take a backup of your current dap-thankyou.php and dap-paypal.php scripts before you overwrite it with the new versions
3) Your access to DAP support & upgrades expired a while ago, and for whatever reason, you don’t wish to renew. Like we said above, your payments will NOT BE AFFECTED. Just the ability of Paypal to notify DAP and extend member access automatically, is what is impacted. So if you don’t wish to renew, that’s fine – you can just extend member access manually. Absolutely nothing else changes.
WARNING: Please READ THIS BLOG POST before you upgrade to DAP 4.4.3 / LL 126.96.36.199. It lists all of the features added/improved. Read the ‘BEFORE UPGRADING’ section in the blog post before your upgrade.
If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to ask via the comments below.
– Veena Prashanth & Ravi Jayagopal
PS: As always, please leave your comments & thoughts below 🙂
If you don’t see the latest files in the member’s area, that’s probably because your 1 year of free access to DAP Support & Upgrades has expired, and you may renew here. If you think you should have access to the newest DAP version, but don’t, then please open a ticket and we’ll take care of it. Thanks!
Click here to read the 4.4 beta announcement that lists all of the features added/improved