In our efforts to continue to provide you with the best tools to sell your products, we are super excited to announce the release of a much improved mobile-responsive checkout page template for the DAP Shopping Cart plugin!
We have also addressed the performance issues (slow load) with the shopping cart plugin.
And now you can also configure the checkout page to display a ‘product image’ instead of just the product name.
Please NOTE: The new DAP Shopping Cart is FREE with your DAP License purchase.
It’s our small way of saying “Thank You!” for the faith and trust you have placed, and continue to place, in DAP.
Please watch this short video (~8 mins) below. You will see our awesome, new, mobile responsive template and also see how you can be live with the new cart in just a few easy steps).
(Watch video full-screen & in HD)
We would love for you to get started with the new DAP Shopping Cart. And we look forward to your comments and feedback further below.
1) When can I download the new DAP Shopping Cart (BETA)?
We are releasing the BETA version today.
2) What are the requirements for the new DAP Shopping Cart?
- You need at least one of the following:
a) a Paypal Standard Account, or
b) an Authorize.net merchant account or
c) a Stripe.com account or
d) a Paypal Payments Pro account
- If you are using Authorize.net and wish to sell subscription-based products, then you also need Automated Recurring Billing (ARB) enabled in your Authorize.net account.
- If you’re using Authorize.net or Paypal Website Payments Pro or Stripe.com, then you need to have SSL (secure server) enabled on your web site. Please ask your web host to enable SSL/HTTPs for your site. SSL is NOT needed if you allow users to ONLY ‘Checkout with Paypal Standard’ option. It’s ONLY needed if you wish to allow users to enter CC info on the checkout page right on your site.
IMPORTANT: You need to be on the latest DAP 4.7.2 & LiveLinks 1.11.2.
You can use our easy installer plugin to install or upgrade DAP on your site.
3. What happens to my existing DAP Shopping Cart?
Please see this document for details on how to upgrade to the new cart.
4. Can I customize the colors/font etc?
Yes, you can update the CSS for that. See this document for details.
5. Can I upgrade my LIVE site?
We recommend that you use the BETA version only on a test site or a new site that’s not live yet. If it’s a live site and you are receiving a lot of traffic, but want to upgrade, make sure to backup the current version the dapshoppingcart plugin (just the folder and files inside), and then create a new checkout page in WordPress (watch the video above to find out how) instead of updating the existing one. Generate a new button that points to this new checkout page, test and if all looks good, you can make this your primary checkout page.
Make sure to read these instructions.
5. What are the other things in the pipeline for DAP Shopping Cart?
The next upgrade of the DAP Cart will include full-fledged Analytics & Reporting (conversion stats) feature! We don’t have a release date for this yet but it’s on the top of our to-do list for DAP!
We recommend using this new version of DAP Shopping Cart only on sites that are NOT live yet, or on test sites. If you want to use it on a live site, make sure to read these instructions.
We have many more really awesome stuff lined up for release in the coming weeks. The new releases will feature major usability and look&feel enhancements. It will include responsive user-facing pages (member login, member profile, member links etc.) and a completely new admin UI (admin reporting, search feature etc) that will surely make you even more impressed and happy with DAP!
You can use our free Easy Installer Plugin and install or upgrade DAP on your site by yourself. Or if you want us to upgrade your DAP installation for you, then you may purchase our upgrade service at DigitalAccessPass.com/pricing/#other (click on “Installations”).
- DAP Easy Installer
- DAP 4.7.2 Release Announcement
- Purchase DAP Upgrade Service
- Purchase DAP Shopping Cart Installation & Setup Service
– Veena Prashanth & Ravi Jayagopal
P.S: Please do leave a comment behind as we are eagerly awaiting your feedback!
P.P.S: We would love it if you clicked “Share” below.