+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Generate Paypal Button needs page_style

Thumbs up Generate Paypal Button needs page_style

I would really, really, really like the "generate button" page to include the parameter "page_style" because it's something I use a lot, so I'm hoping there is a demand for this feature. Right now, I can't utilize both a non-default page_style on my PayPal checkout screen and the upsell plugin. That's really frustrating.

Even the solution of having paypalcoupon.php pass it along like it does the other hidden fields would be better than nothing, but not nearly as user friendly and a field on the generate page.

Does anyone else use page styles for check because they have more than one site hooked into their PayPal account?
    That which does not kill me probably should have.

Administrator
    Peter,
    If you download latest version of dap4.1, paypalCoupon.php will pass it along to Paypal.

The generate button does not include page_style but you can add the page_style tag to the button code generated by DAP and it will get forwarded to Paypal.

<input type="hidden" name="page_style" value="what_ever_you_named_it" />

You guys rock, plain and simple!!!

I just tested and verified that it works. It works perfectly. Now if only we could get rid of that pesky SSL requirement for PP Standard two-step upselling and do it like RAP!

Administrator
    Perfecto... thanks so much for updating this thread with your test result.

>> Now if only we could get rid of that pesky SSL requirement for PP Standard two-step upselling and do it like RAP! <<
    Not sure how RAP implements it but DAP retrieves purchase token (it's valid for 3 hours) from Paypal to make the upsell happen for Paypal standard and SSL is required to secure that.

For anyone who uses PayPal page styles, generate the button in DAP as normal, but add the following code when after you paste into your HTML:

Code:
    <input type="hidden" name="page_style" value="page style name here" />
    You can set up your page styles from within PayPal by clicking Profile, look under first column of links for Hosted Payment Settings -> Custom page styles.

It's pretty self-explanatory from there unless you'd like further instructions.

Actually, now that I think more about it, I'm thinking of a single one-time-offer system. RAP does the front end and the OTO as two separate purchases. I know they have an addon for doing up/down sells, but I'm not sure how that works. I just like how i never needed SSL to do it, but it's a small price to pay via my web host to enable.

+ Reply to Thread