+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Adding DAP users to vBulletin

Adding DAP users to vBulletin

Hello!

In the DAP/vBulletin documentation I see instructions for adding vBulletin users to DAP but can't find for the reverse -- adding existing DAP users to vBulletin.

I tried manually adding a test person to vBulletin after they were already in my DAP database, but the two databases don't seem to talk to each other. For instance, I was able to change my test person's password in vBulletin without the corresponding password change happening in DAP. I want to make sure users don't create a mess for themselves by changing their login credentials in one place without those changes occurring in the other!

So how do I take existing DAP users and port them to VB so everything syncs?

Thanks!

Administrator
    Hi,

In dap admin -> manage users page -> click on user's name -> it will bring up the user profile page -> update their username -> when the username is updated, dap will automatically sync to VB and create a VB account.

Pls do this for 1 user, and then in VB admin -> Users -> hit search and see if you find the newly created user. If you do, then just repeat this process (of updating username in dap) for the other users and it will get synced to VB. It will have to be done one-at-a-time.

Re: Adding DAP users to vBulletin

Is this still the only way to get current users synced to VB? I'm in quite a jam with members who already picked a username and cannot get into the forum although they are logged-in, have a username, etc. What I've had to do is replace their chosen username, click "update". Then re-add their username and click "update". Is there perhaps a way to do this via the database that would be quicker than manually going through thousands of account?

I did the steps Veena suggests, and the users is not created in VB. dap-config.php has been set to Y for auto creating accounts in VB. Please advise.

Administrator

Daisy,

Please send us the logs from your test along with your dap login, ftp etc and we will check.

Got it, thanks!

+ Reply to Thread