+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Live Drip

Live Drip

I had a script made to my specifications and had it work with DAP.

You may have a membership site where you publish fresh content LIVE on a week by week basis.

If this is the case, then you can't really use the drip feature that comes with DAP.

When someone joins your membership site, they could take all your past content and leave and then rejoin say 6 months later and swipe the whole thing again and so on...

This is due to the fact that your members rely on fresh new LIVE content from you every week/month.

Now what if, when a member joins, he get the latest instalment of what you offer. Then, the last say 60 days worth of content is blocked from him but everything older than 60 days is available to him.

So he has access to the latest content and he has access to content over 60 days old but he does not have access to content that is between his join date and 60 days prior (other than the last installment).

Then, as his membership matures, the oldest content (from the 60 days) is revealed to him and as his membership matures further, more is revealed to him and so on, until everything becomes available to him.

That way, nobody can just join and take the latest fresh content. Yes, they can take old content and the very last one you published but not the last XX days (which you determine).

I'm selling this script for $40.

Contact me at jetheat[AT]hotmail.com

I was under the assumption that DAP already does this. I do not understand what it is that you are offering that makes it unique. Admins, what is he referring to?
    JSM

DAP Daddy
    @JigSawMan,

Re-read it a few times. Don't understand what he's trying to say.

@AminSadak, can you please respond and clarify? If not, after a few days, we will simply delete this thread, as it is causing unnecessary confusion.

- Ravi

If you publish Live Content every week, something that you publish that very week, then there's no reason to use the drip feature because you wont need to use it as there is no forward content which you would have saved up.

That published content remains on your site, even if its weeks or months later as something you could refer back to.

However, all that new content you publish soon becomes old as time goes on. The content which is recent is more valuable than content which is old.

So, if someone joins and swipes all your recent content and leaves and then does the same thing 6 months later, then what's the use of having a membership site. They wouldn't need to stay every month if they could swipe every 6 months.

When someone joins, my script does this:

Latest fresh up-to-date content = given to member.

Content from last week to 3 months old = hidden from member

Content older than 3 months old, is readily available for the customer to download.

So they get the latest content (which they have paid for) and they also get access to past content but not the recent past.

For every week they stay a member, a week's worth of content becomes available to them out of the 3 months which you have hidden for them.

Once they have stayed in your membership site for 3 months, then all the content will now be available to them.

This will stop somebody joining and swiping all the recent content and then leaving. They only get access to the recent content while they stay with your membership site.

This is what the script does,

Amin

Well if your membership content starts at point A and ends at point Z, what would be the point of letting someone start at point G, for example? My membership site content will build upon the last content viewed by the member. Yes I assume they could jump in anywhere, but I figured I would use DAP to control that. Anything else I want on the site that would be "new" content, I would post as free material anyway I guess. Thanks for the explanation though.
    JSM

With this membership model, you don't start at point A and end at point Z.

Every week is point A. Its like a fresh new livecast for the latest and greatest information to hit the market.

You have to have that kind of a setup to utilise this script.

I understand the difference now. Thanks.
    JSM

I emailed Amin (jetheat) a few days ago, but have not heard back yet.

I want this capability, and I can't figure out a simply way to implement it with any membership plugin, even DAP. I'm new to DAP, just getting setup, converting from another plugin.

If there is a way with the current version of DAP, please let me know!

I run a monthly newsletter service. Every month brings a new edition. New subscribers should get access to THIS month's edition, but NOT last month's. So new members in December should see the Dec. issue, but not Nov. If they stick around and pay for Jan, they should get access to Dec and Jan. And so on, forever.

Additionally, I want to offer back issues for a nominal charge, and an annual payment option that includes the next 12 editions plus instant access to the prior 6.

Currently all subscribers simply get access to all past editions going back 12 months. I did it this way because it was a simple solution, and I use it as selling point. But I'd rather do it the way described.

Amin, or anyone who can help me with this, please get in touch!

And the answer is...

http://www.digitalaccesspass.com/doc...ios-use-cases/

Case 11: “Magazine Subscription” Model

Awesome!

+ Reply to Thread