The following is relevant to you only if you are “Upgrading” DAP from an earlier version. (What’s new?)
Here’s how to upgrade to the new version:
- WARNING: DO NOT DELETE your existing dap folder on your web site.
- DO NOT DELETE your DAP-WP-LiveLinks folder.
- DO NOT DISABLE or DE-ACTIVATE the DAP-WP-LiveLinks plugin.
- Upgrading DAP:
Download the zip file dap_vXX.zip (where XX stands for whatever version you are upgrading to) from the member’s area and unzip to desktop. You should now see a folder by the name “dap” on your desktop.
- OVERWRITE the entire contents of the “dap” folder on your web site, with the contents of the new “dap” folder on your desktop.
- Upgrading the DAP-WP-LiveLinks Plugin:
If you wish to make a back up of your existing DAP-WP-LiveLinks folder, DO NOT DO IT in the same folder, as WP will treat it as a duplicate copy of the plugin, and you could have unexpected results. If you wish to take a backup, then download it to your computer, or move it away from the wp-content/plugins/ folder. DO NOT KEEP more than one copy of the DAP-WP-LiveLinks plugin files (even if you rename them) in the wp-content/plugins/ folder
- Download the latest version of DAP-WP-LiveLinks.zip from the members area.
- Unzip the zip file to your desktop.This will create a folder by name DAP-WP-LiveLinks on your desktop.
- Simply Upload the entire DAP-WP-LiveLinks folder (including the folder too) to your WordPress plugins directory (which is
wp-content/plugins/). You are essentially over-writing your existing plugin files, that’s all.
- Log back into WP Admin.
- Click on the Digital Access Pass link in the WP admin menu towards the bottom left of your screen.
- You will now see a mostly-white-background page that asks you to click on a link to upgrade your installation to the newest version you just uploaded. If it does, then just click on the link to upgrade, and it should say “Successfully installed…”.
- CRITICAL: Once you are logged in as DAP Admin, click on the “Welcome, <admin name>” link towards the top left of your DAP admin panel (shown on all DAP admin pages). That will take you to the user edit page for your own DAP admin account. You MUST change your password now – even if it is to the same password as what you had before.
Note: The above ALL-CAPS, that too in RED does not mean we’re yelling at you . We just want to OVER-EMPHASIZE the importance of the text, that’s all.