DAP Release History
Found a bug in a new feature that was only recently introduced in DAP v4.4. Basically, on the Products > Manage screen, on the new Cancellation & Expiration tab, DO NOT set the Expiration Action to Set End Date To Previous Day.
Full details here:
01/15/2013: DAP v4.4.3 - FINAL
DAP v4.4.3 is now considered "Final".
- FIXED: A bug in LiveLinks when it tries to log in the WP admin as DAP admin - it was encrypting password more than once.
- FIXED: Minor formatting bugs
- FIXED: Timezone issue fixed in dap-settings.php
- NEW: New field "Product Image URL" added to Product settings. Currently used only by Paypal Upsell-Tree plugin, which is sold separately.
- FIXED: More code from the new Credit Store (CS) plugin now included by default in Core DAP. But you still need to buy CS in order to actually use it.
- FIXED: Delete product was deleting correctly, but showing an error.
- FIXED: Logout was showing blank screen in WP installations where wp-config.php was located outside of usual location.
- FIXED: Bug in personalization of user/product data from 4.4.1
- FIXED: Some code from the new Credit Store (CS) plugin now included by default in Core DAP. But you still need to buy CS in order to actually use it.
- FIXED: Issue with size of ContentResponder tab when popping out/popping back in the contents of that tab.
- FIXED: Issue with sending encrypted passwords via email for new users.
- FIXED: ContentResponder popup was showing Credits Store settings by mistake.
- FIXED: LiveLinks was not showing correct sales page URL in certain conditions.
- FIXED: A content dripping bug fixed in 4.3.1 had resurfaced due to code-merge issues.
New DAP Features
- NEW: Buy-Button Links are here! You can now generate Buy Links right from within DAP. Previously, the DAP buy buttons were a form code. Now you can have them be an actual link. Very handy when you wish to use a pricing table plugin that allows you to enter only links (and not buy-button form code).
- NEW: Negative Dripping Day for Email Autoresponders: To send an email X days before the user’s access expires to that product, set the usual drip day ("Day to Send") to a negative number on the "Email Autoresponder" tab. For example, setting the "Day to Send" field to "-3" would send out that email 3 days BEFORE the user’s access to that product ends. So you can use this to send out renewal reminder emails. And you can set up multiple of those too – one that goes out on -7 (one week before expiration), one that goes out on -3 (three days before expiration) and one that goes out on -1 (one day before expiration). Date of expiration (access end date) is actually day 0 – but DO NOT USE 0, because 0 is not allowed at this time. Reverse dripping HAS to be a negative number. So -1 would be one day prior to actual access end date.
- NEW: Encrypted Passwords with 2-way encryption: All passwords in DAP are now encrypted and stored in the database. For current DAP users, un-encrypted passwords will initially work as usual. And every time the DAP Admin updates a user’s password, or a member updates their own password, from that point onwards, the plain-text password will become encrypted.
- NEW: DAP Admin User can no longer see member passwords. DAP Admin can change everyone’s existing password (their own, as well that of others), but can no longer see what they are.
- NEW: Login As Member: Not being able to view a member’s password brought a new challenge: How can the DAP Admin login as a member to see what they’re seeing – a critical feature during initial testing as well as troubleshooting a live site when a member says they’re having trouble accessing certain content. So we have introduced a new "Login As Member" feature, where the DAP Admin would go to http://YourSite.com/dap/loginAs.php. This page will present 3 form fields:
1) Email id of member you wish to log in as.
2) DAP Admin Email
3) DAP Admin Password
So once DAP verifies that it is indeed the DAP Admin trying to log in as someone else, DAP will log you into the site as that member whose email id you entered in (1) above.
NOTE: The Login As Member (LAM) feature does NOT mean that you can use just one browser to log in as both DAP Admin and regular member. You still need to use two separate browsers – one for DAP admin (like Chrome) another for regular member (Firefox). All LAM does is give you a workaround for logging in as someone else, because starting 4.4, the DAP Admin can no longer see what the member’s password is in order to log in as them.
- NEW: New tab on Products page – "Cancellation & Expiration".
This tab has 3 new settings:
1) Renewal HTML: You can enter HTML here that will show up on an expired user’s "My Content" page right under the product info (before the links are displayed).
2) Post-Expiry Renewal Redirect URL: This is the URL to which a user is redirected to, right after they log in, if…
a) Access to this product has expired,
b) Setup > Config > Redirect Expired Users to Renewal Page Upon Login? has been set to "Y"
However, if the user has access to multiple products, and access to more than one of those products has expired, then they will be redirected to the equivalent global field at Setup > Config > Post-Expiration Renewal Redirect URL (Global) right after they log in.
NOTE: For any kind of renewal redirection to take effect upon log in, you must also set Setup > Config > Redirect Expired Users to Renewal Page Upon Login? to "Y"
3) Expiration Action: Options in the drop-down are:
a) No Action: Means status quo – nothing special or extra will be done if a user’s access expires to this product.
b) Remove from Product: Very useful if you have a non-dripping subscription product, where if a user cancels their recurring subscription, you want to fully remove them from the product.
c) Set End Date To Previous Day: This is a "rolling window" feature, useful if you want people to be able to pause their membership, come back and re-join, and get their access current (the entire period for which they were a member keeps rolling forward even if they left in between for 6 months, so that there is no "gap" in their access. So even if they leave in between for 6 months and come back and re-subscribe, it will be as though they never left.
- NEW: Autologin for Aweber-to-DAP flow. Previously DAP would only auto-log in those signing up from the DAP signup form. Now even those signing up through an Aweber sign up form can be auto-logged in to DAP.
- NEW: Super-simplified Aweber-to-DAP integration. Just point your Aweber list’s thank-you URL to http://YourSite.com/dap/signup_submit.php?productId=123. That’s it! No more fiddling with code, or renaming files, etc.
- NEW: Better looking default free signup form for DAP
- NEW: Custom Fields: DAP Admin can now make a user-facing custom field to be a "Required" field. So when it shows up on the user’s own profile, they must fill it out, and cannot update their profile without entering data in the field.
- NEW: DAP logs older than 5 days, will now be automatically cleared to make sure the log table doesn’t grow too big.
- NEW: DAP Admin Panel now displays "Logged in as: <First><Last>" at the top of every screen right below the menu. It will be a hyper-link that will take you directly to the User-Edit page for the admin where you can modify the DAP Admin user’s profile.
- NEW: Ability to configure Post-unsubscribe URL (see new CONFIG item below)
- NEW: Ability to delete saved Autoresponder emails (On Email > Autoresponders page) completely from system – which will also delete it from all DAP products that it has been added to.
- NEW: Option to automatically flush the login IP records of all users in the system, every X number of days. See new config item below "Flush Login IP Records How Often?"
- NEW: Ability to flush the login IP records of an individual user, by clicking on the new "Flush all Login IP records for this user" link on User-edit page.
- NEW: User-edit page shows all of the user’s login history with IP’s and time of log in
- NEW: Ability to exclude individual users from IP monitoring, like say those with a high IP reset rate because they have dialup, or because their ISP assigns them a new IP way too often than the others. New field on User-edit page "Exclude From IP Monitoring"
- NEW: Users > Manage page shows two new colums for every user: "Last Login Date" (date when user last logged in) and "Login Count" (how many times user has logged in so far)
New Affilate Features
- NEW: Affiliate email notification of Commissions earned as well as Leads generated. You can configure the content of the email sent to the affiliate under Setup > Templates.
- NEW: The "Lead" notification email is sent instantly when the lead/buyer is first logging in to the member’s area. The "Sale" notification email is sent at the top of the hour when the DAP hourly cron runs.
- NEW: The Affiliate Email Notification feature itself is configurable. It is set to "No" (don’t send notifications) by default. Just set it to "Yes" in Setup > Config to turn it on.
- NEW: You can enter merge tags like….
And if you want the affiliate to see their referral’s name and email, you can additionally use these in the email…
- NEW: "View Affiliate Traffic" button on "Affiliates > Reports" page that now allows you to see incoming affiliate traffic for a given affiliate and date range
- NEW: Allow affiliate payment in credits. You can now set up Commissions in "Credits" – You can assign Per-Lead Fixed, Per-Sale Fixed and Per-Sale Percentage all in "Credits" as well (previously, it was only "Cash" commissions). NOTE: In order for your affiliates to redeem those credits and use it to purchase your content, you will need the new CreditsStore plugin (previous known as "Self-Service Store" (SSS) which will be sold separately, and released shortly.
- NEW: Configure First-Cookie or Last-Cookie wins? Default: Last-Cookie
- NEW: Configure Affiliate Cookie Length (in days). Default: 365
New Merge Tags & ShortCodes
- NEW: New shortcode for customizing the user profile: [DAPUserProfile].
You can now pick and choose which fields appear on the user profile page using this shortcode. You can also choose to display all user-facing custom fields (showCustomFields="Y"), or only select custom fields (showCustomFields="cbnick,ssn"). Default is "Y" for all fields – so even if you don’t enter showFirstName="Y" for a field, it will show up by default.
The full list below is the same as entering just [DAPUserProfile]
- NEW: New Shortcode [DAPUpline]
Basically, this shortcode shows a user their referring Affiliate’s (a.k.a Sponsor’s) information. So when a user visits the page that has this shortcode, it will display information of that user’s referring Affiliate – either from cookie (if exists), or if they’re already a member, then their current Affiliate’s information. And if neither the cookie is set, nor the user has an Affiliate attached to their account already, then it will show the info of the DAP Admin). So you can use it to show the user information of the person (affiliate) who referred them to the page. Think of it as a "Your Sponsor" tag.
[DAPUpline showField="first_name"] – To show affiliate’s first name, use this
For Custom fields…
- NEW: New parameters for existing shortcode, [DAPUserLinks]
a) showProductCount => ‘Y’: If set to "Y", then the message "You have access to (X) products" will be displayed. If set to "N", it won’t be.
b) showRenewalHTML => ‘Y’: If set to "Y", new product level field "Renewal HTML" will be displayed giving clear indication that the user’s access to that product has expired.
c) productId parameter can now accept multiple product id’s separated by a comma if you wish to show "My Content" only for a select number of products.
- NEW: 3 new merge tags for email, all available in a product-related context
New Configs & Internationalization
- NEW CONFIG: Flush Login IP Records How Often? Every….. ? Login IP records in the system will be flushed/reset as often as you configure here.
- NEW CONFIG: Last Flush Date of Login History: Shows date when all users’ login history was last flushed (reset)
- NEW CONFIG: Post-Unsubscribe URL: New config item. URL to which User is redirected to, right after clicking on the "Unsubscribe" link at the bottom of DAP emails.
Defaults to /dap/unsubscribed.php
- NEW CONFIG: First-Cookie or Last-Cookie wins? New config that allows you to set the affiliate module to be "First Cookie" or "Last Cookie". Default: Last Cookie wins.
- NEW CONFIG: Affiliate Cookie Length (in days): New config that allows you to set affiliate cookie expiration days.
- NEW: New customizable variables in /dap/inc/language/english.php
//———- Added in v4.4 ———//
define("AFFILIATE_INFO_PERFSUMM_SUBHEADING","Affiliate Performance Summary"); //used only in dap/index.php
define("AFFILIATE_INFO_HEADING","Affiliate Details"); //used only in dap/index.php
define("MSG_NO_COMM","Sorry, no commissions earned yet.");
define("USER_PROFILE_SUCCESS_MESSAGE_USER","SUCCESS! Your profile has been updated.");
define("MSG_ERROR_EMAILEXISTSVB", "Sorry, this email id is already in use in our vBulletin Forum. Please try using a different email id.");
define("MSG_SUCCESS_USERUPDATE_NOVB", "SUCCESS! Your profile has been updated, but could not register this username in our vBulletin Forum. Please contact the site admin for help.");
define("AUTOMATED_AUTORESPONDER_EMAIL_SUBJECT", "New Content Available:\n%%CONTENT_NAME%%");
define("MSG_INVALID_PASS","Sorry, the password you have chosen contains special characters. Only Alphabets and Numbers allowed. Please go ‘back’ and choose a different password.");
define("USER_PROFILE_NEW_PASSWORD_LABEL_DAPUSERPROFILE","Password<br/>(only if changing)");
List of Improved Features
- IMPROVED: Products > Manage screen will remain on same tab after saving the product – will not switch back to "General Settings" tab.
- IMPROVED: "Earnings Report By Product" report on DAP Admin home page now includes refunds (previously, reported only net – now separately reports Sales and Refunds).
- IMPROVED: Better support for Internationalization (non-English characters). Previously, on some DAP screens, junk characters were showing when name had certain non-English characters. That’s fixed now.
- IMPROVED: Affiliate > Reports page now shows today’s date as default for Start and End date (was previously blank and was confusing).
List of Bug Fixes
- FIXED: Currency symbol issue in aff details page. Instead of a currency sign (for the Euro) "â‚¬" was showing up. That’s fixed now.
- FIXED: Use paypal email in mass pay if exists – if not use main email id
- FIXED: There was a fatal error when WP admin tried to update a regular user’s password via WP Admin User profile page. Fixed now.
- FIXED: Syncing was not working when using two blogs protected by one installation of DAP. It was syncing to the first blog visited by user, but not to the other one(s). Fixed now.
- FIXED: "States" in the User Profile page is now a free-form text field. Both User (on user profile page) and DAP Admin (on user-edit page) can edit this and type in free-form text in this field.
- FIXED: "Payer Email" field in the transaction table is updated when user changes their own email in their profile AND also when DAP Admin changes email of user from the DAP Dashboard
- FIXED: When a user updates their profile info, confirmation message will now show below button too (and not just at the top of the form, where they would miss seeing it if they didn’t scroll up). Not even applicable any more with the new [DAPUserProfile] shortcode.
WARNING: READ THIS BEFORE YOU UPGRADE
There a few critical things you need to remember to do BEFORE you upgrade.
Self-Service Store Users: DO NOT UPGRADE
Due to the new version of "Credits Store Plugin" (SSS) coming out shortly, the current version of SSS will no longer work with DAP v4.4. We will work with you offline to make sure you’re able to upgrade. Please open at ticket for that. For now, if you are currently using SSS actively on a live web site, then do not upgrade to 4.4. But if you just own a copy of SSS, and are not really using it, then you may go ahead and upgrade.
This release is BETA – not for use on already LIVE web sites with ongoing sales
If you’re already running a live web site that’s generating sales, then you should probably skip this beta release, and wait for the final release.
However, if you’re just getting started with DAP, or if you are at least 2 weeks from launching, then we highly recommend that you upgrade to this version, as it has so many usability features and fixes to nagging issues from the past, that it will make things a LOT easier for you during setup and maintenance.
You MUST log out WP Admin & DAP Admin Before Upgrading
Before you upload the files, simply log out of WP Admin. If you’re on 4.3.1, then you will also be automatically logged out of DAP Admin. But if you’re on an earlier version of DAP, then be sure to visit http://YourSite.com/dap/logout.php to log out of DAP Admin. Only then upload "dap" as well as "DAP-WP-LiveLinks" files (see instructions below).
ALSO COMING SOON
The features listed above are just the part of core DAP that has changed.
We still have 2 major releases coming up very soon!
1) The spanking new "Credits Store" plugin
This plugin was formerly known as "Self-Service Store" (SSS). We’ve completely built this new one from the ground up.
If this is something you’ve been wanting to do, then you’re absolutely going to go nuts when you see the kind of features we have included in this new plugin. It even has a couple of related child plugins for WordPress that will allow you to some really cool stuff!
It will all be part of the new Credits Store plugin that will be released in 1 week.
2) The fully updated "Paypal Upsell-Tree" plugin
An all new, exciting look & feel for the cart, and many more enhancements. You’re going to absolutely love this if you wish to do Upsells with a Paypal Standard account.
And this one comes out in 2 weeks.
So, we hope 4.4 was worth the wait for you . We would love to hear your thoughts, so don’t forget to leave a comment (or two) below.
Cheers and happy holidays!
- Veena Prashanth & Ravi Jayagopal
DAP Queen & DAP Daddy
08/14/2012: LiveLinks v1.8.2
- Udate with minor bug fixes.
- Final version released with bug fixes.
- Added Amazon SES integration
04/09/2012: DAP v4.3 & LiveLinks v1.8 (Beta)
New WordPress Integration Features
- NEW: When you log in as WP admin, or browse any part of WP admin, you’re automatically logged in as DAP admin (DAP admin user with the least user id, in case you have more than one DAP admin user). No more having to log in separately to DAP. This is also configurable (default is YES). In case you do not want WP admins to be auto-logged in as DAP admin, then you can set this to NO under Setup > Config.
- NEW: When you log out of DAP by going to http://YourSite.com/dap/logout.php, you will now also be logged out of WordPress, whether you are WP Admin or regular WP user
- NEW: When you log out of WordPress, regardless of whether you are WP Admin or regular WP user, you will now also be logged out of DAP.
- NEW: Reverse sync from WP to DAP now available. So, if a regular user goes to the standard WP profile page, and updates first name, last name or email id, their corresponding DAP record will also be updated. This also disables regular users from even updating their password in the WP profile page. So, the only place they can update password is via the DAP profile.
- NEW: Shortcode [DAPUserLinks]: Allows you to heavily customize how the links are displayed when you use the merge tag %%USERLINKS%%…
[DAPUserLinks showProductName="N" showAccessStartDate="Y" showAccessEndDate="Y" showDescription="Y" showLinks="Y" orderOfLinks="NEWESTFIRST" howManyLinks="10000" errMsgTemplate="SHORT" productId="ALL" dateFormat="YYYY-MM-DD"]
- NEW: "Coming Soon" Shortcode [DAPComingSoon]: Allows you to display links that are coming soon.
[DAPComingSoon showProductName="Y" showAccessStartDate="Y" showAccessEndDate="Y" showDescription="Y" showLinks="Y" orderOfLinks="NEWESTFIRST" howManyLinks="10000" errMsgTemplate="SHORT" productId="ALL" makelinksclickable="N" dateFormat="YYYY-MM-DD"]
- NEW: Merge tags for WordPress: %%USER_ID%%, %%PASSWORD%%, %%SITE_NAME%%
- NEW: Shortcode Features:
– "publicUntil": You can set a date UNTIL which a blog post is public (no protection or rules will be applied from any other shortcode parameters.
[DAP publicUntil="2012-12-31" hasAccessTo="1"]This message will be completely public UNTIL (and including) December 31st, 2012[/DAP]
– "publicAfter": You can set a date AFTER which a blog post will become public (no protection or rules will be applied from any other shortcode parameters.
[DAP publicAfter="2012-01-01" hasAccessTo="1"]This message will be completely public AFTER (and including) January 1st, 2012[/DAP]
– "hasNoAccessTo": A much requested feature. You can now specify a list of products that a user does NOT have access to, like this:
[DAP hasAccessTo="2" hasNoAccessTo="1,3" ]This message will appear only to active (current) users of product 2 but don’t have access to 1 or 3[/DAP]
– "startday" and "endday": Now you can specify "startday" and "endday" in the shortcodes to make the contents stop being shown after a certain end "day". Previously available "day" variable has been deprecated and replaced by "startday" instead. However, if you already are using it somewhere, it will continue to work as is. However, if you wish to use the "endday" variable, you must now also use "startday" instead of "day". Very useful for, say, displaying a message on the Welcome page only on the first day.
[DAP hasAccessTo="2" startday="1" endday="1"]This message will appear to you only to users of Product 2, on Day 1 and no further[/DAP]
– Negative Days: "startday" and "endday" can also be a negative number.
For eg., [DAP hasAccessTo="2" startDay="-6" endDay="-3"]Howdy[/DAP]
This basically means, the message "Howdy" will be shown starting 6 days before the "Access End Date" of the user’s access to the product with Id "2" (specified in hasAccessTo). So you can use this to display a special message – or specially priced offer (buy button) – for those whose access has not yet expired. Last day (same day of access end date) is day 0. Day before that is -1.
– Error Message From File: You can now specify a file name whose contents are to be used as error message. Use the existing errMsgTemplate field, but add a "file:…" to the beginning, and make sure the file name is a fully qualified URL starting with http:// and your domain name. So you can say…
[DAP hasAccessTo="2" startday="1" endday="1" errMsgTemplate="file:http://YourSite.com/customMessage.html"]This message will appear to you only today[/DAP]
- You can now show your affiliates more information about their referrals in their affiliate report. In Setup > Config, you can now configure the following info to be shown to the affiliate (only for their own referrals, of course):
First Name, Last Initial (Default) (or)
First Name, Last Name (or)
First Name, Last Name, Email (or)
First Name, Last Name, Email, Phone
- Ability to remove associated affiliates (including making user "UN-Affiliated" – meaning, no affiliates attached to the user any more)
- Ability Re-assign a new affiliate to a user
- Instant Affiliate Credit enabled even for Free signups. So new free members no longer have to log in for affiliate to get credit – it happens instantly upon signup.
- Both you and your affiliates can now view referral data for free sign-ups too. Just add a commission row for each free product with 0.00 commissions (if you don’t wish to pay a PER LEAD commission, but still want your affiliates to see the details of the referral). And then, when an affiliate refers someone to your web site and the visitor signs up for a free product, your affiliate can see the new sign up as a "Lead" in their affiliate report.
- NEW: All real-time emails to be sent using SMTP (if configured)
- NEW: Drag & Drop rearranging and re-ordering of links within same drip day, is now possible (on "ContentResponder" tab)
- NEW: Newly signed up "Free Signup" subscribers will now be instantly logged into the member’s area. But NO auto-login for double-optin enabled products – they must confirm first. And NO auto-login for those who are already a member, and are only signing up for a new free product.
- NEW: You can now have a limited-duration one-time product. Previously, all one-time signups were assigned "9999-12-31" as access end date. No longer necessary. You can set a limited duration – like 30 days, or 90 or 365 days as the duration of your one-time product. And if you set the "Membership Duration" to 9999, then as before, it will set access end date for user to "9999-12-31".
- NEW: New Config item: To allow "display" of protected links in the menu even if the user does NOT have access to it (regardless of Sneak-Peek)
- NEW: New Config item: Is Free Product?
- NEW: New Config item: Allow Free Sign-up?
- NEW: New Config Item: Global Sales Page URL (for when a user has access to more than one Product)
- NEW: New Config Item: Global Error Page URL (for when a user has access to more than one Product)
- NEW: New Config item: Allow Auto-login of WP admin as DAP admin?
- NEW: LiveLinks to use new global sales page url and global error page url
- NEW: No more having to worry about free users not having access to paid content. It is all controlled by whether or not someone has access to a product. If they have access to a product, free or paid, as long as access dates are OK, they will get access to the content assigned to the product.
- NEW: Ability to sort Products ordered by Product Name or Product Id – ascending or descending
- NEW: Affiliate referer links shortened in referral report for both Admin home page as well as Affiliate report page
- NEW: To improve performance, number of rows in affiliate referral report now restricted to just 2000 on Admin home page
- NEW: Login count field is now updated for each successful login attempt by user. Not yet exposed in DAP Admin area. Will be available in the next release.
- NEW: Logs were showing last 1000 rows. Instead, will now show all logs for the day
- NEW: On the "Content responder" tab, next to the heading "Protected Content", it now shows how many links are protected as part of the product. Eg. (# of protected links:
- NEW: Product list now shows up as a drop-down at the top of the Product screen tabs, so that it’s always visible even when moving across tabs.
- NEW: On Products page, moving from one product to another will keep admin on same tab even across different products. So switching products (only when using drop-down) will NO LONGER make you jump back to the new product’s "General Settings" tab. You will remain on whatever tab you were on previously.
- NEW: ContentResponder tab’s contents can now be "popped out" and shown in large window, so you can even see long links without any part getting cut off from the display. And then you can pop the window back in once done.
- NEW: Now you can mass-delete all Autoresponder Emails from Product in one click
- NEW: New lines in /dap/inc/language/english.php
//———- Added in v4.3 ———//
define("USER_LINKS_COMINGSOON_PREFIX_TEXT","[In XXX day(s)]");
define("MSG_UNSUBSCRIBE","[In XXX day(s)]");
define("MSG_MANDATORY","Sorry, all fields are mandatory. Please go ‘back’ and fill up the missing information.");
define("MSG_INVALID_EMAIL","Sorry, the email address you entered is invalid. Please go ‘back’ and enter a valid email address.");
define("MSG_INVALID_COUPON","Sorry, the coupon code you entered is invalid. Please go ‘back’ and enter a valid coupon code.");
define("MSG_MISSING_COUPON","Sorry, coupon code is a required field. Please go ‘back’ and enter a valid coupon code.");
define("MSG_PAYMENT_FAILED","Payment failed. Please contact the site admin. ");
define("MSG_THANKYOU_SIGNUP","SUCCESS! Thank you for signing up. Please check your email for further details.");
define("SUCCESS_CREATION","SUCCESS! Your account has been successfully created! Please check your inbox for login information…");
define("NO_AUTH","Sorry, you are either not logged in, or not authorized to perform this operation.");
- IMPROVED: Category protection error message.
- If a category is protected as part of just 1 product, and someone doesn’t have access to it, then DAP will redirect to Product-Level Error Page URL. If that is blank, it will use Global Error Page URL.
- If part of multiple products, goes directly to Global Error Page URL.
- If DAP tries to use Global Error Page URL (however it got there), then if that field is also blank (or defaults to /dap/product-error.php), then it will use "In-Page Error Message with Padlock".
- IMPROVED: Logging in thru Login/Logout widget on any page is now considered a primary login.
- IMPROVED: When DAP Admin removes welcome/thankyou mesg, now shows a WARNING
- IMPROVED: When Product is saved, if there is no welcome mesg, now shows a WARNING
- IMPROVED: If Product is recurring, you can no longer set "recurring count" to null or 0 (in Products page)
- IMPROVED: Clicking on the link to a post that’s part of a product’s available content output from %%USERLINKS%% no longer opens that post in a new window
- IMPROVED: Product description may not be more than 127 characters. Cannot save product settings if it’s more.
- IMPROVED: Changed default templates for new installations: Forgot password subject and body, Locked email body
- IMPROVED: One-time products with access end date of "9999-12-31" will no longer be highlighted with a warning color.
- IMPROVED: Enter key works during login now
- IMPROVED: If recurring is Y and recurring cycle 1 is not set, then show ERROR
- FIXED: Password changing: Admin can no longer include special characters when changing password for user via DAP Admin
- FIXED: Link Titles can now have apostrophes and it won’t show backslashes.
- FIXED: New-line chars in Description breaking shoppingcart pages is fixed.
- FIXED: "Save as New" was sometimes incorrectly setting product status as "Inactive". It now correctly sets them as "Active".
- FIXED: Export of user data for individual products was not working on some servers. Fixed.
- FIXED: Space getting stripped in forgot password (issue on some servers only)
- FIXED: Space getting stripped on user signup form (issue on some servers only)
- FIXED: Space getting stripped in error message on access to DAP Admin (issue on some servers only)
11/5/2011: Additions & Updates to DAP v4.2.1
- Includes bug fixes and minor UI updates.
Shopping Cart Features
- [NEW] Shopping Cart "Check Out Page" can now be placed right inside WordPress pages using new merge code %%DAPCART%% , thus taking on the instant look & feel of your WordPress theme!
- [NEW] Ability to customize shopping cart options: Like "Where did you hear about us", "Additional Comments", "Terms & Conditions", etc – on the DAP Cart's Checkout page
- [NEW] Ability to include and customize Product-level Cart header & Cart footer HTML
- [NEW] Dedicated Buy Button "Generator" Page
- [NEW] Coupons support for Authorize.net
- [NEW] * "Add To Cart" Support for Authorize.net (and possibly Payments Pro too): Which means if you're using the DAP cart & Auth.net, your members will be able to buy multiple products in one purchase
- [NEW] Complete redesign of the Products page. Is now fully tab-based (instead of one long page). So basically, the long Products page has now been chopped up into multiple, shorter tabs. The GUI has also been redesigned to make the Product setup a lot more intuitive and simple
- [NEW] Improvements to "ContentResponder" section: DAP will now highlight (actually, down-play with a dull gray color) all of the blog posts/pages that have already been added to the product being viewed, so you can clearly see which ones are not protected.
- [NEW] "Help Tips" and "Tool Tips" added to many pages, making things much easier to understand
- [NEW] Fully re-designed Config page. Now you can change multiple config items in one go, and click "Update" just once. Better description of fields, better organization of logical groups of configs, etc.
- [NEW] Cleaner-looking forms and buttons in the DAP Dashboard
- [NEW] "First Name" now part of User Search Criteria
- [NEW] Improved Pagination on Users > Manage page. Eg., when you're on page 4 of the users list, and you take any action on any user on that page, previously DAP used to reset the user search back to Page 1. Now it's been fixed so that it will stay on same page.
- [NEW] Improved "Pop Up" locations: Previously, popups for "Modify Dates" or "Add Affiliate" used to show up all the way on top of the page regardless of how far down you've scrolled on the Users page. Now, the popups will show right next to the clicked link.
New Features & Fixes
- [NEW] Secure, personalized RSS feeds: Each of your members can now get their own unique RSS feed link that they can use with a feed reader (like Google Reader, FeedBlitz, iTunes, etc) to get a custom RSS feed with content that they're eligible to view.
- [NEW] Custom Fields (Hooray!): Admin can create new custom fields inside DAP
- [NEW] New feature for Shortcodes: You can now insert your own error message into the errMsgTemplate, like this:
[DAP isPaidUser="Y" hasAccessTo="6" errMsgTemplate="your own custom text message here"]content[/DAP]
- [NEW] User unsubscription notification to admin
- [FIX] Change to DAP Shortcodes to remove empty breaks and paragraphs when hiding protected content
- [FIX] "Missing spaces from error and notification browser messages" issue fixed
06/16/2011: DAP v4.1 & LiveLinks 1.6 (Final)
- DAP v4.1 & LiveLinks 1.6 are now in Final release (out of Beta)
For full details about this release, click here.
- [New] Self-Service Store (SSS)
SSS is a very cool new plugin, that allows you to give "Credits" to your buyers (of a "Master" product), which they can then "Redeem" towards various "Child" Products. It's practically "Content On Demand". Instead of you dripping content on them in a pre-determined fashion, they choose the modules they want, and the order in which they want them. You just give them the credits, put the power of choice at their fingertips, and get out of the way :-) . Awesome stuff (video further below).
- [New] MailChimp Integration
DAP now integrates with MailChimp. At a Product level, you can choose if buyers of that Product get added to your MailChimp list. DAP will also "remove" them from your MailChimp list if their access to the Product is removed within DAP.
- [New] Internationalization
You can now customize the few "Member-Facing" pages in DAP – like "My Content", "My Profile" and "My Affiliate Info" pages – in any non-English language of your choice. We tested with many languages – like Spanish, Dutch, German, French, and even Chinese! Others will/should work too – as long the language characters are UTF-8 based.
- [New] Non-English Emails:
WordPress is already "international" friendly, so we're excited to be able to help membership site creation in multiple languages. And what's even cooler, is that you can now also send Autoresponder & Broadcast emails in all of these languages (the last time we checked, even the big-boys like Aweber don't let you do that!).
- [New] Admin & Affiliate Reports
Admin: On the DAP Admin home page, you will see a few new reports, and enhancements to existing reports. The new "Member Summary" report will show you how many paid users, free users, admin-added and expired users there are. It also gives you a per-Product break-down of these same numbers. And on top of that, you can use the date range to further filter results. There's also a new "View Performance Summary" report (default report that runs when you visit the "Affiliates > Run Reports" page) that gives you more information for each affiliate – like Clicks generated, Leads, Sales and even Earnings-Per-Click (EPC).
Affiliate: The same affiliate report above is now available to each of your affiliates too. On their affiliate page, they can now see a new table that lists their Clicks, Leads, Sales and EPC.
- [New] IPN Script Generator For Developers
DAP now supports the ability to quickly develop support for any 3rd party shopping cart providers that support IPN notification (via HTTP POST) to 3rd party scripts. The DAP admin will have the ability to generate an IPN Script for any 3rd-party shopping cart that support IPN
- [New] DAP ShortCode Feature
You can now use the DAP ShortCode framework to NOT SHOW a part of your post or page, to anyone WHO IS LOGGED IN. So, say you wanted your "Sales Copy" and your "Buy Button" to be shown only to visitors, but NOT BE SHOWN to those who are already members, then you can do this.
- [New] DAP Plugin Framework
We've created a new "Plugin Framework" for DAP, that developers (and we ourselves) can use to quickly add plugins (even a few-line scripts) to DAP, in order to integrate with other 3rd-party scripts. For example, on a new user-add, you want DAP to pass the member info to a 3rd-party script or application that you are using in addition to DAP. It's not yet as slick as the WordPress plugin framework, but we'll certainly get there sooner than later. In fact, the MailChimp integration is our very first plugin to use this framework.
02/14/2011: DAP v4.0 & LiveLinks 1.5 (Final)
- DAP v4.0 & LiveLinks 1.5 are now in Final release (out of Beta)
12/30/2010: DAP v4.0 & LiveLinks 1.5 (Beta)
- [New] Coupon Codes for Paypal
- [New] Paypal Buy-Button Generator (within DAP admin panel – no more having to log in to Paypal just to create a buy-button)
- [New] Paypal Login Xpress: Buyers will be automatically logged into their membership area upon successful purchase. No more having to wait for email containing their password
- [New] Paypal Sandbox Support
- [New] Config option to choose FOPEN or CURL as the way for your web site to connect to Paypal behind the scenes
- [New] Support for member's Primary Email being different from their Paypal Email.
- [New] Multi-Tier Affiliates: Create unlimited affiliate tiers. Extremely simple to set up.
- [New] DAP ShortCodes: Partial content protection. Ability to hide different parts of the same post or page, using custom DAP shortcodes
Example 1: Shows content to ONLY logged-in user
[DAP]protected content here[/DAP]
Example 2: Shows content between the shortcodes to only a PAID user who has access to Product Id 1.
[DAP isPaidUser="Y" hasAccessTo="1" errMsgTemplate="SHORT"]protected content here[/DAP]
- [New] In-Page Dripping:
We've updated the new DAP Shortcode framework to include the ability to specify a "Day" right within the shortcode itself. So you can now publish, say, 10 videos on one page, and you can enclose each video's embed code with a separate DAP Shortcode that has a different "Day" setting, so the very same page will show 1 video on Day 1, 2 videos on Day 2, 3 videos on Day 3, and so on.
- [New] "For Your Eyes Only": User-specific Custom Content Dripping
Let's say you run a coaching program. You have 10 clients. You want Joe Customer to see a tailor-made custom video meant only for Joe, and Jill Member to see a specific PDF report written specifically for Jill's business. Now using the new "userId" parameter in the DAP shortcode, you can now protect a piece of content so that only a specific DAP user can see it.
- [New] Post-Dated Product Chaining
This basically extends the existing Product Chaining feature such that you can now set up a product chaining to occur in the "future"
- See a more detailed explanation and a video of all of these features, at:
- [New] Custom "Thank-you Redirect URL" for Paypal Button
When you use the new built-in Paypal buy-button generator, you now have the ability to redirect the buyer to any thank-you page URL after successful purchase.
- [New] Multi-site Auth.net Support
This new custom url will allow you to specify which Silent Post URL to redirect the Auth.net silent post to. Which means, one Authorize.net account can now be used by multiple DAP-powered and even non-DAP web sites, thanks to our awesome "hack" :-)
- [New] Support for WordPress Custom Menus: Now if you have posts or pages in your custom menu's, DAP will "hide" them completely from users who don't have access to those pages/posts
- [New] Ability to delete individual items from job queue
- [New] Automatically Redirect to protected URL after logging in. So you can directly send protected links in emails, and when they click on it and log in, they will directly be redirected to the page/post they were trying to visit
- [New] Capture & Display of "Destination URL" for affiliate links, to answer the question: "To which page on my site are my affiliates sending traffic to?"
11/06/2010: DAP v3.9 & LiveLinks 1.4 (Final)
- [Enhancement] "Users > Add" now contains a new field: "Username". So you can optionally choose a username for the user that you are manually adding. The same new field also applies to adding users in bulk.
- [FIX] 2 columns were being incorrectly displayed on Users > Manage screen.
- [FIX] vBulletin-related fixes
10/14/2010: DAP v3.9 & LiveLinks 1.4 (Beta)
- [New] vBulletin integration
- [New] ClickBank INS support - no more need for Email Order Processing for ClickBank
- [New] HTML Email - Ability to send HTML copy in Double-optin emails, Thank-You Emails, Autoresponder Emails and Broadcast emails
- [New] Ability to input offline purchases (manually create a transaction)
- [New] Affiliate info shows in every user row on Users > Manage screen
- [New] Manually giving credit to a chosen affiliate for a sale (even for offline purchases, which can be input into the system now)
- [New] Config to Disable Affiliate Commissions for "Free" Users (Config > Advanced)
- [New] New field in user table: "user_name" - used for forum integration. Once chosen, neither user nor admin can change their username. In compliance with vB forum rules.
- [Enhancement] Suppress PHP 5.3 Deprecated errors
- [Enhancement] User id on Users > Manage page also now links to the edit user page
- [Enhancement] Disallows special chars in password
- [FIX] When a user name or email has special foreign characters, it was breaking the user search display. This is fixed.
07/05/2010: Final Release: v3.8 & LiveLinks 1.3
- DAP v3.8 and LiveLinks 1.3 are now out of beta and are in final release.
06/08/2010: DAP v3.8 & LiveLinks 1.3 (Beta)
- [NEW] Product Chaining
- [NEW] (New Config Field) SECRET_KEY: Secret Authorization Key used when interfacing with external systems
- [NEW] (New Config Field) SHOW_COMMENTS: Show comments on protected WP content
- [NEW] (New Config Field) DEFAULT_AFF_LANDING: URL of default landing page for Affiliate links (when not redirected). Default: / (home page)
- [NEW] (New Config Field) DEFAULT_PASSWORD: This gives you the ability to generate a “Default Password” – like ‘dap’ – for all new users. Which means, if you have say, integrated Aweber or an external email system with DAP, now you can send out the welcome email along with the password (simply use the same default password into your Aweber email as the one you have set in DAP Config, that’s it!). You could even bring the user back to your login page and say something to the effect of “Please use the email address you just used during purchase, and the password ‘changethis’ to log into your account right away! Just be sure to change your password soon after logging in.”
- [NEW] DAP will no longer allow deliberate or unintentional deletion of admin users. You must change their account type to “User” (from “Admin”) first before you can delete the user.
- [NEW] 1-Click Delete-All functionality to delete all protected content in a Product
- [NEW] Warning presented and asks for confirmation when you click on “Delete Product” (even though DAP already won’t delete a product if there is even 1 user associated with a Product. Just another confirmation in addition to what was there before).
- [NEW] Display of User Links (sorting order): Within a given day, if you have multiple links dripping (say, on day 1 itself you have multiple links), then they will show up on the “User links” page in the exact same order in which it shows up on the Products page.
- [NEW] DAP Logs displays only 1000 rows now
- [NEW] Content URL field length increased from 100 to 200
- [NEW] Affiliate Info Page now fits well even into narrow themes.
- [NEW] Logout link in DAP Dashboard (under “My Account”)
- [NEW] When you add a blog post/page to a Product, it retrieves the post/page’s title, and the page title is what your member will see in the “Links” section of a product.
- [NEW] Product Specific Logged-in URL
- [NEW] dap/inc/content/userfacing.css – can be customized by renaming it customuserfacing.css
- [NEW] Ability to completely customize CSS of User-facing pages – like affiliate links, user links and user profile
- [NEW] List of Affiliate Link Referrers are now in a scrollable div so as to save real estate
- [NEW] WP Widget to show Products Purchased on sidebar
- [NEW] New merge code %%PRODUCT_DETAILS_<id>%% to show Product-specific Links on a page
- [FIXED] LiveLinks: Last name merge tag wasn’t functional.
- [FIXED] Removed “http://” from second link in affiliate “redirection” link
04/21/2010: Final Release: v3.7 & LiveLinks 1.2
- DAP v3.7 and LiveLinks 1.2 are now out of beta and are in final release.
03/15/2010: DAP v3.7 & LiveLinks 1.2 (Beta)
- [New] Brand spanking-new DAP Admin Dashboard Navigation Menu
- [New] Comments on protected pages/posts are now hidden from un-authorized users. Comments are shown only to authorized, logged-in users who have access to view that post/page
- [New] DAP now hides WordPress page links from the sidebar as well as from the WP standard navigation menu. So if a page is protected and the user (logged in or not-logged in) is not yet eligible to view it (or access has expired), then the link to the protected page will no longer even "display" on your blog's sidebar.
- [New] Title of Login/Logout Widget can now be customized
- [New] Login/Logout Form can be completely changed to however you want it to look.
- [New] OTO's are now free and part of core DAP. No need for new files.
- [New] Complete "Power Customization" of protected content error messages (ones with the DAP lock image)
- [New] Ability to redirect unauthorized users to a custom URL : to any page on your site, to any page on any site, to a product-specific error page, or to your sales page.
- [New] Separate customizable error messages for logged-in users (who have lost access to expired content, or because they don’t yet have access to it because of the dripping) and non-logged in users
- [New] Login-form shows up right on the error page for non-loggedin users trying to access a protected link. So when someone visits a protected link, DAP will show them something to the effect of “Sorry, you don’t have access… Click here to buy access to this content. Already a member? Log in below…”
- [New] Custom Redirection After Login: Now you publish multiple login forms on your web site, one per product - IF you so choose to - and pass a hidden form variable called "redirect". So after the user logs in, you can take the user to any page on any site you want. In effect, what this does is allow you to control the "URL After Login" for different products, and allow you to redirect them to any custom page immediately after they login. Of course, you must set up one login form PER product. May not be too useful for the average DAP admin, but this has been requested a lot for a while, so we decided to implement this. Low hanging fruit :-). In a future version, you will be able to set this "POST_LOGIN_URL" at a Product level, right within the Product page.
- [New] DAP is becoming a Platform! WooHoo! You will be able to write new plugins FOR DAP just the way people can write plugins for Wordpress. So DAP will no longer be just a Membership Script. It will become an entire platform by itself, which different developers and companies can extend easily without touching the DAP core files.
02/12/2010: DAP v3.6
- [New] Upsell Tree for Paypal Payments Pro
- [New] Integration for Paypal “Add To Cart” buttons too!
- [New] Changes to DAP core for Paypal Payments Pro integration
- [New] Authnet form - new look & feel
01/19/2010: DAP v3.5, LiveLinks 1.1, UpsellTree 0.2
- [New] More enhancements to LiveLinks for various error conditions. Nothing that you would notice as a user or admin.
- [New] Upsell-Tree - which includes 1-Click Upsells, Downsells & One-Time offers.
- Changes to DAP to accomodate Upsell-Tree changes.
- Changes to DAP to accomodate upcoming Paypal Payments Pro integration
12/21/2009: DAP v3.4 & LiveLinks 1.0 (Final)
- A few bugs squashed that were found during beta.
11/23/2009: DAP v3.4 & LiveLinks 0.9 (BETA)
- [New] WordPress User Integration: DAP now fully integrates with the WordPress user tables. Which means you can now put to use awesome WordPress plugins that require the user information to exist in the native WordPress user tables. Also see our earlier post about this.
- [New] WordPress Forum Integration: We have so far tested DAP with bbPress and Simple:Press and both work great! If DAP works with these two forum plugins, then it should work with other WP forum plugins too.
- [New] More columns added on the “Users > Manage” screen. New colums include: “User Status”, “User/Product Status”, “Opted Out”. So in one glance, you can see if a user is active, if the user/product status is active, and if the user has opted out of receiving emails from you. Any of the users that are “Inactive” or “Unconfirmed” will be highlighted with a bright color (orangish?)
- [New] Merge code %%AFF_LINK%% can now be used in blog posts too.
- [New] 3rdPartyNotification Email now contains details about the product that just got a signup
- [New] There’s a new file called “/dap/inc/protected_html.php”. The contents of this file will show up below the padlock. You can customize this page with any sales copy you want.
- [New] Links on “User Home Page” are now sorted by “dripping order” – newest at the top, oldest at the bottom.
- [New] Changed affiliate earnings summary on user home page to now show “Product Name” instead of just the “Product Id”. So affiliate can know what product on your site that they referred someone to.
- [New] Minor changes to Look & Feel of various DAP pages
- [Bug-fix] Fix for the “Umlaut” above letters in the user’s first/last name
- [Bug-fix] Removed JS alert on “Export Affiliates” from archive functionality
- [Bug-fix] Some servers don’t seem to like the second “http://” in affiliate links when you’re redirecting to a new page other than the default affiliate landing page. Fixed this to remove the second “http://” from the affiliate link. It will not affect your existing affiliate links.
[Note] LiveLinks v0.8 was not a general release. It was given to just a few select DAP users who reported LiveLinks 0.7 conflicting with their theme. So regardless of whether you have LL 0.7 or 0.8, you can upgrade to LL v0.9.
10/28/2009: DAP v3.3 & LiveLinks 0.7
- [New] DAP Within WP: DAP can now be accessed within your WordPress Admin Dashboard (link to the bottom left on your WP admin menu).
- [New] WordPress blog posts & pages appear within DAP Products page
- [New] 1-Click Protection of specific posts and pages
- [New] 1-Click "Entire Blog Protection"
- [New] New "Interval" When Adding Multiple Posts/Pages
- [New] Product-specific Double-Optin & Thank-You Emails
- [New] Product-specific Aweber Lists
- [New] New Email Group on "Email Broadcast" screen (Send BulkMail to users who signed up for <product list> between <date 1> and <date 2>)
- [New] New Config item in "Config > Advanced"
- "URL to which User is redirected to when there are no posts are available for display"
- [New] New Config item in "Config > Advanced": "How many users to show in the results on the 'Manage Users' search screen?"
- [New] 2 New Reports on DAP Admin Home Page: 1) Earnings Summary By Month 2) Incoming Affiliate Traffic
- [New] New Merge variable for blog posts/pages for errors: %%MSG%%
- [Deprecated] "Global" Activation Email & Welcome Email
- [Deprecated] %%ACTIVATION_KEY%%. Instead, now there is %%ACTIVATION_LINK%%
- [New] Products Page: Oldest Product default selection
- [New] Manage Users: Default Search executed
- [New] Automatically logs in DAP Admin (forever) during installation/admin login
[Update] 1ShoppingCart Email Parsing Template
- [New] 2 Sample Products inserted during new installation: 1 recurring and 1 one-time
- [New] Sample Email and Sample blog post inserted during installation
09/27/2009: DAP v3.2 & LiveLinks 0.6
- [New] Ability to include same Email Resource MULTIPLE TIMES in a Product
- [New] Mark an Email Resource to be sent to Admin (or any 3rd party email id) instead of to the user. This makes DAP a CRM-of-sorts, in that, you can now add an email as part of the normal to be sent out on Day #1 (with specific personalized information of each customer
- [New] WP WIDGET: Login/Logout Widget: Shows the "Login" form on the sidebar when not logged in, and a "Logout" button when logged in.
- [New] REPORT: New report on Admin home page: Earnings Summary By Product (default dates: 1 week)
- [New] More logging and admin notification introduced in Paypal IPN notification
- [New] Link to completely "Empty Logs" (dap_log) on the "Admin > Logs" screen.
- [New] DB: Added 4 new fields to User table: Title, Company, Phone, Fax
- [New] DB: New field for storing user photos. Available as a separate plugin.
- [New] LOGGED_OUT_URL can now be customized via Config
- [New] PROFILE_URL can now be customized via Config
- [New] Extended User Profile that includes many more fields
- [New] You can also specify on-the-fly what URL the user should be redirected to after they log out, as follows:
- [Fix] Paypal bug fixed - Multiple affiliate transactions
- [Fix] DAP allows people to change their password to one containing illegal characters, but then doesn't allow them to login with that new password.
- [Fix] DAP recurring fields can now have up to 4 digits (eg., "9999")
- [Fix] On some servers, when you added an email thru the Manage Email in DAP, if you use apostrophes, they got escaped with a "\". This is now fixed.
07/27/2009: DAP v3.1
- Send Bulk Email to "Unconfirmed" Users
- Send Bulk Email to Users with Access to NO PRODUCTS
- On Users/Manage - added an "Export Users" to .csv option - can be imported into Excel
- On the "Job Queue" page, you can now delete 3 different types of scheduled jobs...
- Delete ALL Scheduled Jobs
- Delete Jobs in Error (from before)
- Delete All Successful Jobs (till yesterday)
- New email validation feature for emails entered via the direct-signup form.
- Auto-generated Passwords will no longer use confusing text like "0" (zero) and "O" (Oh!).
- Ability to customize "canned" messages - like "Oops, you do not have access to this content..."
- 1ShoppingCart API Notification
- Self-service Store: Ability to manually add credits to user.
- On the Affiliate Reports page, you can now see which user was referred by the Affiliate, when you run the "View Earnings Details" report.
- Bug fix: Slashes stripped from Product name field
- Bug fix: %%UNSUB_LINK%% tag now works when placed in email template Email:Footer
05/26/2009: DAP v3.0 & LiveLinks 0.5
- If Affiliate Section is turned off, then "Paypal Email" field will no longer show up in the user profile. So no more confusing normal users by asking them for their Paypal email
- Bug fix to disallow user from blanking out the password field when updating profile
- SSS Enabled: The backend is now enabled to use the Self-Service Store plugin (sold separately - coming soon)
- Session warning fixed: [Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/site/public_html/wp-admin/admin-header.php:17) in /home/site/public_html/dap/dap-settings.php on line 68
- Instant Affiliate: New affiliates - especially in a mom-and-pop niche, can now refer others using the link:
- Displays warning "No Such User Found" if trying to do forgot-password on an invalid email id.
- When you disable double-optin, every time a new user signs up (free or paid), the user will no longer be sent an "activation email" requesting them to click on a link to activate their account. Their account is automatically activated when created. Leads to one less email being sent to the user.
- LiveLinks profile text made same as main profile text (at dap/index.php)
- Enhancement to show "Please login" when non-logged in user tries to view user profile or affiliate pages
- Bug fix for errors displayed when not logged in
- Bug fix to disallow user from blanking out the password field when updating profile
- Patch for some themes that might conflict with LiveLinks
04/23/2009: DAP v2.3 & LiveLinks 0.4
- Disable double-opt-in: When you disable double-optin, every time a new user signs up (free or paid), the user will no longer be sent an "activation email" requesting them to click on a link to activate their account. Their account is automatically activated when created. Leads to one less email being sent to the user.
- "Lead" commission for free signups: Earlier, lead commissions were being awarded only to those who sign up for a "free trial", but now they will be awarded to free signups too. So you can now ask affiliates to even promote free signups (like your free newsletter).
- Put user-profile on any wp page/post (%%USERPROFILE%%)
- Put the affiliate details section on any wp page/post (%%AFFDETAILS%%)
- Put the userlinks section on any wp page/post (%%USERLINKS%%)
04/03/2009: DAP v2.2 & LiveLinks 0.3
- One-Click Unsubscribe Link
- New merge variable: %%UNSUB_LINK%%
- New merge variable: %%AFF_LINK%%
- Ability to delete scheduled jobs in error
- New mechanism for logging in (to overcome WP theme-related redirect issues)
- Minor cosmetic changes
- Fix to remove slashes getting added on on some hosts because of magic quotes setting
- PDO check during LiveLinks installation
- Self-submitting form code changed to pure "action" only code
- Removed confusing form variables from WP Login Form
- You can now add custom text above and below your WP page content (login page that contains the text %%LOGIN_FORM%%)
03/13/2009: DAP v2.1 & LiveLinks 0.2
DAP v2.1 (03/13/2009)
Fully Plugin-based Installation (see LiveLinks changelog below)
* Loading email templates
* Link to Admin home in User home
* Paypal subscription IPN
* Loading available resources on user home page
Deprecated (a.k.a. "gone baby gone"): WP Personalization Plugin. Has been rolled into LiveLinks. Deactive and delete the "DAP-WP-Plugin" plugin.
LiveLinks v0.2 (03/13/2009)
- Fully Plugin-based installation. You can now install DAP within your WordPress database itself. No need to create a new database. Simply upload the LiveLinks plugin, and "Activate" it from within WordPress.
02/23/2009: DAP v2.0
- Two new WordPress plugins for DAP
a) DAP WP LiveLinks
b) DAP WP Personalization Plugin
"Sneak-Peek": Google-Friendly Blog Posts with "Sneak-Peek" for Protected Posts
“Remember me” functionality: You can click the checkbox to not be asked to login for 2 weeks.
Process Refund for Affiliates: Now when you process a “refund”, DAP will also reverse the affiliate commission. It will not reverse the Pay-per-lead amounts - only the Pay-per-sale amount.
Batch processing of Affiliates - Exporting/Re-exporting - Some affiliate management stuff.
When an existing subscriber buys a new product, DAP now sends out a welcome email. Body of this email is configurable (see “Templates”).
Affiliate currency display was all in US dollars. Currency is now configurable.
“Post Cancellation Access”: This is a very, very powerful feature. Basically, what this means that, if your subscriber had actual access to content (file or blog post) at any point in the past, then they will always continue to have it, even if they cancel their subscription. Fully think about what this means to you before turning this on in Config.
Minor changes to ClickBank recurring payments integration templates.
You can now configure the page (URL) that the user will be taken to, right after they login.
Ability to configure which is the login page (for WordPress blogs).
Fixed a bug where you couldn’t use a “+” in your email address earlier - like firstname.lastname@example.org . Now you can.
01/22/2009: DAP v1.0
- Changed logging to log to the database instead of to files
- Moved templates from files to the database
- DAP Paypal IPN Support
- Fixed bug in Affiliate Reports
- Improved installation process
- Many minor cosmetic and front-end improvements
01/10/2009: DAP v0.9
- Version 0.9 released
12/25/2008: DAP v0.8
- Version 0.8 released
12/15/2008: DAP v0.7
- Version 0.7 released
12/10/2008: DAP v0.6
- Version 0.6 released
11/30/2008: DAP v0.5
- Version 0.5 released
11/20/2008: DAP v0.4
- Version 0.4 released
11/10/2008: DAP v0.3
- Version 0.3 released
10/25/2008: DAP v0.2
- Version 0.2 released
10/10/2008: DAP v0.1
- Version 0.1 released