Instant Payment Notification (IPN)
PayPal uses Instant Payment Notification (IPN) to notify 3rd party systems of events such as successful recurring payments, refunds, cancellations, failed payments, etc. DAP relies on IPN from PayPal to "extend" user's membership access upon a successful payment and to cut-off access upon a failed payment.
Watch this video to see how you can troubleshoot PayPal IPN issues!
Recently one of our users contacted us because even though his recurring payment in PayPal was successful, he had lost access to product in DAP! I tried to find this user's latest payment in PayPal using his first name, but nothing showed up. I also searched by last name (and email) but couldn't find it.
Then I got the user's 'recurring profile id' from DAP and used that to find the latest payments in PayPal and I found it!
The best way to find all 'recurring payments' connected to a user's subscription is by using the user's 'recurring profile id". This user was charged by PayPal but access didn't get extended in DAP, and as a result lost access to the product. So why did Paypal IPN didn't connect with DAP for this user?
How do you troubleshoot IPN issues like this?
Watch the video to find out:
DAP's Podcast : Episode #26!
There’s a direct relationship between the length of a time a customer invests in your business, and their value to your business. In the latest episode of "Membership Site Lab", I've shared everything you need to know about "Customer Lifetime Value" and how to calculate it for different types of products! Look for "Membership Site Lab" in your fav podcast app and subscribe! Here’s a quick recap of what I talk about in this episode:
1. What is CLV and why it's one of the most critical metrics for your online business.
2. Why it makes sense to look at the CLV for each membership level / product individually rather than the overall numbers.
3. The formula that you use to calculate CLV for your membership products! And even within membership products, the formula for monthly, annual and trial memberships needs to be calculated separately. Listen to this episode to find out why and how to calculate it.
4. The calculations for one-off and subscription products are not the same. Find out why.
5. How these numbers can help you make the right investment decisions for your business.
6. Our plans for DAP and how we plan on calculating these numbers in DAP.
7. We offer different types of licenses on our membership sites. Find out what products/licenses have the highest CLV for us and thus our focus going forward!
Look for "Membership Site Lab" in your fav podcast app and subscribe! If you've already subscribed to it, thank you 🙂. I look forward to your comments and feedback!
Subscribe to get Automatic Updates every time a new episode goes live!
Membership Site Launch Made Easy!
Have you signed up for my "Membership Site Launch Made Easy" course yet?
This is a paid course for my lab members but for a limited-time, you can sign up and get FREE access to the first "3" lessons in this course!
In this course, you'll learn how to setup a membership site quickly and effortlessly, without any stress or overwhelm, using my simple shortcuts! There are a total of 12 short video-based lessons in this course. And the first 3 lessons are free for a limited-time.
Click here to find out what this course is all about and what our users are saying about this course.
If you have any questions about this release and the new updates, please let us know in the comments section below or post your questions/feedback in my Facebook group.
We look forward to your feedback :-).